3 March 2011

Facing up to my own Kadesh Barneas Num14.

Heard another powerful sermon today. We are indeed blessed by so many good speakers in CEFC. I've jotted down their points as a record and also added my responses to it. We can listen to a sermon, but what is more important is that it touches us and spurs us to correct our lives and act for His glory. Let my sermon heard be a sermon applied.
2 Fundamental principles in overcoming fear:

A) Minimise the effect of Fear
Fear if not dealt with cripples us and the following are lost - Lost hope

Songs of victory in Ex15 have now been replaced by sobbing. Need to remember that the Lord reigns forever, and is more than capable to deal with my giants in the land.

Lost ground - this wilderness: is God's waiting room for the Israelites, not their destiny. Oft we forget this and failed to realised God's plan for us.

Lost faith - Ride on your leaders' faith (because God has spoken) and ride out the storm together

Lost perspective - they wanted to stone Moses! No fairy tale endings in the Bible, men are sinful.


B) Optimize the power of faith:
Learn from Moses to intercede for the people

Learn from Caleb to follow God fully

Learn from the people's mistakes not to be presumptuous in my faith

Concluding story about the small girl - she can still be calm in the turbulent sea because the captain of the ship is her Father. Similar ending last week - I'm not Moses, but God is still God.

What is(are) my Kadesh Barnea now? Long time future plans. Career changes/stay. Family: schooling decisions/house changes. They are not giant fears yet, but each has the potential to become one if I lose sight of God on the eternal throne.

More needful is perhaps my "this wilderness" experience that dragged me down and caused me to be reluctant to come forward. Have i forgotten my destiny? Have i lost sight that God has still a plan of victory for me? Fear when coupled with frustration is a very potent force. Help me break through that Lord.

What about the old promises in Isa.42:6,7 to me...
6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
7 to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness."

In facing my KB now, help me to hold on to these promises and not let fear and insecurity take over. There is still work out there waiting for me to do. The people may have changed, but God is still God and He is the captain of my ship.

Total Pageviews