9 November 2008

Today's Sermon Thoughts

Today's topic is on Growing Deep in God through tough times, 2 Cor.12:7-10. These are some random thoughts gleaned from today's sermon in church:

  • songs that ministered to me: "Still" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgob5afanUg, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and "Empower Me".
  • Coming to church is not coming to an event but to meet God.
  • Recessions are opportunities. Opportunities to show where we stand and opportunities to declare our faith to the watching world who have no hope for bad times.
  • What are my thorns in life? - struggling self esteem; keeping things in; sins; spouse; daughter seemingly unteachable ways.
  • Learn to surrender my life to God with child-like faith. Let God take over the controls of my life instead of sending Him into the servants room and wait to do my bidding.
  • Lean on Him not stand and fight on my own.
Reminded in a poignant way, His grace is sufficient for my needs. The word sufficient is in the future tense. Hence it was sufficient for Paul, for his generation, and for us too, in this 21st generation. Sufficient like the manna, He will provide grace for me daily, at the right amount daily.

Praise God!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews