5 April 2008

Left Hand of God

I went for a talk at NUS Guild House on 3 Apr. It turned out to be one of those recruiting talks for consultants. They offered FREE 48hrs of training in return for certification (recognised by?) and that I must complete 3 simple assignments before they can refund the $3.5k I put in. I am not too convinced that it is worth it. Never really heard of CCA or AMA. Besides what can 48 hrs of training train you?

I am disheartened by the so many promising talks that turn out to be scams and lemons. Surely there is like what they say, no free lunch.

The next day was the IDT session. I went there reluctantly, knowing that I have not done my 5 sessions and that its going to be the same dull talks and sharings.

Ps KK shared about Biblical Priorities. It didn't really strike me until he mentioned about the Melbourne incident where a couple met them out of the blue. I am reminded of Divine Appointments in the KOG. When things seemed least expected, God can step in and intervene and make something worthwhile. He also mentioned about the Left Hand of God, the seemingly worthless and impotent things that finally turned out very well in His economy of things.

IDT sessions are like that. In a way we feel that it’s a waste of time with nothing really important transacted. But in the wisdom of God, in the left handedness of God's ways, divine appointments will be made. Lives will be changed. And things may never be the same again.

I want to learn to trust God in the IDT sessions and the DG sharing times. Even when nothing much seem to happen, let's hang in there. Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of God, knowing that our work is not in vain in the LORD.

Total Pageviews