6 December 2007

Annual Appraisal Exercise

It was supposed to be at 9am, but it got pushed off until 3 plus in the afternoon. Hmm, do they really take it seriously nowadays? Long before that, I had to wade through the pile of circulars trying to find out which is the latest form to be used. Then, I had to try not to be too humble in recollecting what I have done for the past 6 months. It took me about half an hour to think, "smoke a bit", and type it out. In the end, it was all over in less than 30 minutes.

My lady boss went through the usual questions, trying to be listening to me. Surprising now, we are encouraged to be working more cross-functionally. I mentioned that I am keen to be open to more projects, and was quickly asked if I would consider student leadership things, EQ classes, and the like. In the end, we talked a bit more, without saying yes or no, being open may be a better move. I expressed my keenness for mentoring related things - hopefully she would take note of it.

In the past, I have to write my responses to her comments. Now, it seemed unnecessary. She also mentioned that it would be difficult to have a B grade now that the bar has been raised. Ok, that means lesser bonus, though she did mentioned that my work performance was above average.

Does what i wrote really count? My efforts put in for the year? Well, we'll see in March next year when the performance bonus are given out. Nonetheless, my esteem is not based on their comments and rewards. I do my best for my Master. And that is reward enough.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews