24 June 2007

Receiving daily grace upon grace

John.1. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. ... 16 And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.

We are a privileged lot. Those before Christ longed to see Him but could not and fell asleep holding unto their faith in His words. Now, though we did not have the blessedness of seeing Him face to face, but we have the Holy Spirit within us and His Word with us. Each morning we can meet Him as though face to face through 'Quiet times'. We have in that sense, received grace upon grace. Thanks be unto God!

In my sinful ways and thoughts I may be misled into missing out His daily graces in my life. But if I seat down and list them down and counted them I would be amazed at the simple but significant graces in my life that He has bestowed. Can You list down 10 of His graces for you? My simple listing:
  1. Thank you Lord for being alive and healthy, able to do all the normal things in life.
  2. Thank you for my family members, parents, parents-in-laws, extended family. For the support of my family that they give.
  3. Thank you for the job that I have now. It gives me economic security.
  4. Thank you for the home that I own, and am able to finish paying off the home loans in a few years time.
  5. Thank you for the car, albeit a weekend car, but it has brought us places.
  6. Thank you for the pet doggie that has brought us much joy.
  7. Thank you for technology like PCs and Internet to journal my Christian journey.
  8. Thank you for friends to chat with. Thanks for the wonderful bunch of colleagues at work.
  9. Thank you for Singapore, my country, that is safe and wonderful to live in.
  10. Thank you for church, leaders, friends, ex-colleagues there. They have been a significant part of my life for a long time and has given me many wonderful memories.
  11. Thank you for the ability to remember, to give thanks, and not to mope and wallow in self-pity. That has changed my outlook and given me joy for the day!

Praise God!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews